Monday, August 16, 2010

For My Princess

Come run into my arms, my princess
Hold me tight as only you can
Tell me all your dreams and wishes
My precious bundle of joy.

No one can make me laugh so much,
Nor weep with so much pain:
Your every pain is doubled in me,
Your every joy likewise.

I have great dreams for you my child
Oh yes and wishes too,
Of what a fine young thing you’ll be
Someday in someone’s eyes

Of how you’ll dance into
So many wonderful lives
As you with such little effort
Waltzed right into mine.

But more than all these earthly dreams
Is one pure heavenly one,
That you with all your heart will know
Jesus, the one true God.

For though you may have all you want
If Jesus you do not have,
Then my dear little one you don’t
Have anything at all.

So every day I ask the Lord
To speak to you with love,
And keep you close to Him forever,
Though you may choose to leave.

Hold tight to Him sweet Darling of mine
As you are holding on to me right now:
For though I may, perhaps, let go,
He never ever will.

6 comments:

  1. Cool....and hope you keep up the momentum and don't let complacency catch ya...
    Sam...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one, Sheen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful akka....han.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful girlie! NEver knew the poet in you! I bet Tryphy will be proud of you and thankyou for instilling God in her childhood!

    ReplyDelete