Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Mother's Heart

After becoming a mother, many of my perspectives have changed drastically. I look at many things now through the eyes of a mother rather than through the eyes of a daughter. Yesterday, while watching an animated version of the story of Moses, I began to wonder about his mother. More often than not, when we think of the story of Moses, we think of him, how God saved him and so on. Yesterday for the first time, I put myself in his mother's shoes. She wants her baby to be safe, and so she does all she can to save him by putting him in a basket and setting him afloat in the sea. With what feeling that mother must have let go of the basket that carried her precious boy. Rather than see him slaughtered in front of her eyes she chose to let him go, pinning her hopes on her Lord. What faith she must have had to take that step. I imagined myself putting my child in a basket and trusting her to the mercy of the waves, and i am ashamed to say that i could not even imagine doing that. That kind of faith is most definitely not in my bag as yet! And then just think! She finds her son in the very house of his enemy - in the house of the very person who had issued the order to kill him and others like him! What would I have done? Again, I am ashamed to say that my faith would have most definitely faltered. Each day would have been torture. But then, look at how God works! Isn't it amazing that the very person who deprived him of all his slaves, grew up in the Pharaoh's own house! That the very person who went against him so boldly, was the one child who's life he had spared! That almighty God, who made pharaoh's downfall grow under his own protection, gave that mother the strength to go on! What a truly mighty God I serve! I know, that no matter how weak I am, that Lord who gave Moses' mother the strength to do the things she did, will keep my daughter safe, and give me the strength to bend to His will in her life. Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

  1. really amazing sheena ka.. every word is true.. keep going ka..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always tried to see things from my mom's view. Its too much to handle.
    A mother, who has given life to the baby, owns the baby, but as the baby grows, there is no more ownership, baby has a free life. To give unconditional love, and yet expect nothing back, to be in the sidelines is hard to understand.

    I pray that God gives you the wisdom and strength like Ruth and the prov 31 woman. Keep writing more. It challenges people to move forward.

    ReplyDelete